PATCH for Teens: Classroom Edition
PATCH for Teens: Classroom Edition is a toolkit that has been created for school health teachers, health-related professionals, youth leaders, and other adults looking to teach students, ages 14 – 18, about how to get the health care they need and deserve.
The video-based lesson was created by youth, for youth and can be customized to fit in a 45-90 minute time frame (completed all at once or over the course of multiple sessions) based on intended learning objectives and overall learning needs of students. Students will learn that they:
- Need and deserve a good relationship with their health care providers
- Have legal health care rights
- Have a personal responsibility to learn to manage their own health care
Order PATCH for Teens: Classroom Edition today to get your Toolkit!
The Toolkit Includes
- 1 Educator Guide: The guide provides detailed instruction to ensure a successful learning experience.
- 4 Video Clips: To capitalize on the power of youth voice and peer-to-peer education, PATCH teens have created a series of short, educational videos that complement lesson activities.
- 30 Emoji Booklets: These interactive response options allow students to select and share their emotional response to workshop questions, scenarios, and activities.
- 50 PATCH for Teens Brochures: This resource provides students with important information covered in the lesson in a youth-friendly, take-home brochure.
- 50 PATCH Brochures for Parents & Guardians: This resource, titled “A Teen’s right to Privacy in Health Care Settings” helps parents and guardians successfully support teens as they take more responsibility for their health care.
- Access to PATCH Online: Educators receive a unique User ID and password to access downloadable materials, videos, and resources, as well as access to PATCH Chat, an online forum to communicate with other Educators.
- Sample PATCH Swag: PATCH-branded incentives to encourage participation!
Alignment with National Health Education Standards
PATCH for Teens: Classroom Edition may be integrated into existing health curricula to fulfill certain components of the National Health Education Standards, including:
- Standard 1: Core Concepts
- Standard 2: Analyzing Influences
- Standard 4: Interpersonal Communication
- Standard 8: Advocacy
Watch this PATCH Overview video as a preview of the videos included in this package. The videos have been created for you and your youth by our PATCH Teen Educators and contain all kinds of great content!