PATCH® is proud to offer high quality, youth friendly resources to communities, health care professionals, schools, families, and individuals who want to join us in reaching our mission. See all of our available resources here.
Resources For Teens
Confidentiality. Mandated Reporting. Health care...There's so much for teens to know and to learn! Adolescents are often flustered in health care settings and are uncertain of how to get the care they ultimately need and deserve. The following resources help teens be empowered in health care settings and have the knowledge and skills to become responsible managers of their own health.
- Brochure: Getting the Health Care You Need and Deserve provides teens basic information on ways to get the health care they need and deserve (Available in English or Spanish).
- FREE Poster: 5 Easy Ways for Teens to Take Charge of Their Health Care (Available in English. Spanish coming soon).
- Brochure: You Have the Right outlines a minor’s right to confidential sexual health services in Wisconsin in clear, youth-friendly language (Available in English or Spanish).
Resources For Providers
Health care professionals have the important job of building a solid relationship based on trust and respect with their adolescent patients. The following resources health health care providers ensure they are providing youth-friendly health care.
- Pocket Cards: Providing Youth-Friendly Care includes the “HEADSS Model” for an adolescent-friendly clinic interview (side 1) and a “Confidentiality Contract” to review with teens to help them understand your stance on patient confidentiality (side 2).
- Pocket Cards: Wisconsin Confidentiality provides a brief outline of a minor’s right to confidential health services in Wisconsin (side 1) with tips on how to make appointments adolescent-friendly (side 2).
- FREE Poster: Confidentiality Policy may be hung in key spots throughout work environments to help build trust and respect among teen patients. It’s a great way to start a conversation about confidentiality with teens (and their support people, if present) – helping everyone understand what they should expect from you. (Available in English. Spanish coming soon.)
Resources For Caregivers
It can be difficult to know how to best support a young person as they start taking responsibility for their own health care. These resources help parents, guardians, and caregivers understand adolescent health care transition and empower them to support and guide their child(ren) through this exciting process.
- Your Teen’s Right to Privacy is a brochure describing adolescent rights and responsibilities in health care settings. Intended for adults who want to help their teen as they begin to take on more responsibility for their own health care. (Available in English or Spanish)
- This FREE Dear Provider letter template can be used by parents and guardians to communicate their concerns to a health care provider, while respecting privacy and one-on-one time. (Available in English & Spanish)
- This FREE transition checklist breaks down the process into smaller, more manageable steps and can help young people identify and practice skills that are important to their own health care. (Available in English & Spanish)
Don't see what you need? Let us know!
We're always seeking ways to better support others in their adolescent health efforts!