Since 2010, PATCH® has continuously evolved to meet the needs of today's young people. We have been recognized both locally and nationally
Awards & Recognition
- Aeschbach, C.J., Olejniczak, A. B., Koepsel, E. R. & Kusch, M.M. (2021). Enhancing Communication among Adolescents and Health Care Providers: Evolution and Evaluation of Youth-Driven Initiative Addressing Barriers. WMJ, In press.
- Aeschbach, C. J., Burrough, W. B., Olejniczak, A. B., & Koepsel, E. R. (2019). Teaching adolescents to manage their own health care. The Journal of School Nursing. https://doi.org/10.1177/1059840519867363
- Olejniczak, A., Otalora-Fadner, H., Hanna, C., Hudson, E., Tess, J., & Royer, H. (2015). Evaluation of a Curriculum to Improve Clinician Communication With Adolescents. WMJ, 114(5), 213-216.
Additional publications are in the works! Stay tuned.
- Toward Healthier Generations: Successful and Collaborative Approaches to Engaging Youth in Efforts to Improve Adolescent Health Outcomes. Presentation at the Association of Maternal and Child Health Program's Annual Conference [Virtual], 2020.
- A Community and Youth Driven Approach to Addressing NPM 10 and 12 in Wisconsin. Poster presented at the Association of Maternal and Child Health Program's Annual Conference [Virtual], 2020.
- Empowering Adolescents to Become Responsible Managers of their own Health Care: A 3-Pronged Approach. Presentation at the Society of Public Health Education's Annual Conference in Salt Lake City UT, 2019
- Empowering Young People to Turn Their Passion into Activism. Poster presented at the Society of Public Health Education's Annual Conference in Salt Lake City UT, 2019
- Providers and Teens Communicating for Health: Because THEY are the experts! Presentation at the Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality's Growing Up Healthy Conference, 2019
- Health Literacy in Young People: Examples from the Field. Invited guest on Institute for Healthcare Advacement's Health Literacy Group Discussion, 2019
- Authentically Engaging Youth to be Inclusive Leaders and Activists: Because THEY are the experts! Presentation at Toward One Wisconsin's Conference on Overcoming Barriers to Inclusion, 2019
- Teaching Youth How to Navigate Health Care and Empowering Them to be Their Own Advocate. Presentation at Wisconsin's Annual Best Practices in Health and Physical Education Academy, 2018
- A Statewide Approach to Developing and Empowering Young Leaders and Activists. Presentation at the Healthy Teen Network's 39th Annual National Conference in San Diego CA, 2018
- Positive and Authentic Youth Engagement: Lessons from Replicating a Community-Based, Youth-Driven Program in Various Communities Nationwide. Poster presented at the Healthy Teen Network's 39th Annual National Conference in San Diego CA, 2018
- PATCH: Bringing youth and providers together to improve care from the youth perspective. Presentation at the Indiana School Health Network Conference, 2018
- Increasing Patient Engagement and Activation Among Adolescents: A Classroom Pilot Intervention. Round table discussion at the American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference and Exhibition in Orlando FL, 2018
- Effectiveness of a Community-Based, Youth-Driven Program: Multi-Site Evaluation. Poster presented at the Family and Youth Services Bureau's (FYSB) Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Conference in Washington D.C., 2018
- Successfully Partnering with Youth: Strategies for Including Young Adult Perspective to Improve Adolescent Health Outcomes. Webinar presentation for Wisconsin's Health Care Transition Community, 2018.
- PATCH Impacts on Adolescent Health. Webinar presentation for Adolescent and Young Adult Health National Resource Center - Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network (AYAH-CoIIN), 2017
- Educating, Engaging, and Empowering Youth. Creative Outreach Panel Presentation at the Minnesota Adolescent Sexual Health Summit, 2017
- Cultivating a Generation of Savvy Healthcare Consumers. Presentation at the American School Health Association Conference in Baltimore MD, 2016
- Adolescent Health: Think, Act, Grow - TAG in Action Panel. Panelist at the American Public Health Association Conference in Denver CO, 2016
- Expanding the Impact of PATCH to Improve Relationships between Teens & Health Care Professionals. Presentation at the Adolescent Health Symposium in Madison WI, 2016.
- Innovative Ways to Educate Adolescents about Healthcare. Presentation at Wisconsin's Building the Heart of Successful Schools, 2016
- PATCH for Schools. Presentation at the Adolescent Health Symposium in Madison WI, 2015
- Bullying and the Impact on LGBTQ+ Youth: How to be part of the solution! Presentation at the Wisconsin Association of School Nurses Spring Conference, 2015
- PATCH Expansion to Rural Wisconsin. Presentation at the Wisconsin Public Health Nursing Conference, 2015