We believe that adolescent health care programs, practices, and policies should be developed WITH young people to better meet their needs.
Because THEY are the experts. THEY are able to provide authentic insights into the concerns, ideas, and preferences of their generation. THEY can make a difference.
A Promising Practice!
PATCH has been recognized as a successful and promising practice for improving adolescent health by national experts, including the Office of Adolescent Health in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service and the Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP).
Statewide and National Presentations
- Wisconsin Association of School Nurses Spring Conference, 2015
- Wisconsin Public Health Nursing Conference, 2015
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh Adolescent Health Symposium, 2015 & 2016
- University of Michigan Adolescent Health Initiative's Conference on Adolescent Health, 2016
- American School Health Association, 2016
- American Public Health Association, 2016
- Wisconsin's Building the Heart of Successful Schools, 2016
- Embody's Safe Healthy Strong Conference, 2016
- Adolescent and Young Adult Health National Resource Center - Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network (AYAH-CoIIN), 2017
- Minnesota Adolescent Sexual Health Summit, 2017
- Family and Youth Services Bureau's (FYSB) Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Grantee Conference, 2018
Olejniczak, A., Otalora-Fadner, H., Hannah, C., Hudson, E., Tess, J., Royer, H. Evaluation of a Curriculum to Improve Clinician Communication With Adolescents. Wisconsin Medical Journal, 144(5):213-216, 2015 Nov.
Additional publications are in the works! Stay tuned.